Basmati rice - 1 cup
Oil -1 tsp for cooking rice
Beans - 1/4 cup finely chopped
Carrot - 1/4 cup finely chopped
Cabbage - 1 cup shredded
Capsicum -1/4 cup finely chopped
Spring onion greens - 2 1/2 tbsp finely chopped
Olive oil/Any refined oil - 2 1/2 tbsp
Garlic -1 1/2 tbsp
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Vinegar - 1 tsp
Soya sauce -2-3 tsp
Salt and Pepper powder to taste (I used white pepper powder)
1. Soak Basmati rice for 15 minutes and cook adding 1 1/2 cups of boiling water and a tsp of oil. Once cooked, fluff it with a fork and spread it on a plate to cool. The cooked grains should be separate.
2. Finely chop beans, carrot, capsicum and spring onion greens. Mince garlic and ginger.
3. Shred cabbage into thin fine strips.
4. Heat oil in a pan, when the oil is very hot, add garlic and ginger, saute for a few seconds. Then add beans and fry for a few seconds, followed by carrot, cabbage, capsicum and spring onion greens. (Add vegetables in the same order)
5. All the vegetables should be sauteed on high flame and continuous stirring is necessary as we want the vegetables to be crunchy and not fully cooked. Add cooked rice, soya sauce, vinegar, needed salt and pepper powder. Mix well and serve hot.