Chicken Dak Bangla
Chicken Dak Bangla
A simple recipe where the combination of Chicken and egg make the dish perfect. The recipe is simple but this is the only gravy where chicken and eggs are cooked together. A very tasty and one pot recipe with egg and chicken to satisfy your family. Plain rice is the best with this gravy but plain Roti also can be perfect with the dish.
Chicken : 500 gm (cut into medium size pieces)
Potato: 2 medium size. (cut into two halves)
Onion: one large sliced.
Ginger: 1 inch chopped
Garlic: 6 to 7 clove chopped.
One large tomato puree.
Green chili: 4 to 5.
Turmeric powder, Red chili powder, Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder, Garam Masala Powder (1/2 tea spoon of each item).
Bay leaf 1,Small Cardamom 1, Dry red chili 1, Green cardamom 2, Clove 2, Black cardamom 1.
One table spoon whisked curd.
Mustard oil for cooking.
Salt and sugar as per taste
1. Wash and clean the chicken pieces, now marinate the chicken pieces with all the spices powder, some salt and one table spoon mustard oil for ½ an hour.
2. First boil the egg’s, now add some oil in a vessel and shallow fry the boiled eggs and the potato pieces, while frying sprinkle some salt and turmeric powder. After frying keep it aside.
3. Now in the same vessel add some oil and add 80% of the sliced onion, chopped ginger, chopped garlic, green chilies and fry for some time. Allow it to cool now make a smooth paste with some water and keep it aside.
4. Add some oil in the vessel allow it to hot then add all the whole garam masala, and half tea spoon of sugar after few seconds add the rest of the sliced onion and fry till it become transparent.
5. Then add the marinated chicken pieces and cook for some time.
6. After that add the fried onion ginger garlic and green chili paste and mix well with the chicken pieces.
Now add some salt and the fresh tomato puree and mix well, now add the fried egg and fried potato pieces and cook with a lid.
7. After 5 to 8 mints when the oil separate from the gravy add the whisked curd and mix well and cook for another few mints in low flame.
8. Now add some hot water and cook for few more mints with a lid.
9. After few mints the gravy become thick and rich, your easy CHICKEN DAK BUNGALOW is ready serve hot with plain rice and salad.