Chicken korma recipe is a muglai speciality. Chicken korma curry has pieces of boneless chicken cooked with almond sauce and spices and garnished with roasted almonds.
400 gms chicken breasts, chopped in big pieces
1 tblsp ground almonds
1 tblsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp garlic paste
2-3 oil or clarified butter(ghee)
1 medium size onion, chopped finely
1/4 tsp turmeric (haldi) powder
150 ml curd (dahi)
2 green chillies
4 pods cardamom
2 medium size cinnamon sticks
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tblsp chopped green coriander
1/2 tblsp roasted chopped almonds
Salt to taste
1. Marinate the chicken pieces with lemon juice, pinch of salt, black pepper and garlic paste. Rub the mixture thoroughly to the pieces and keep it aside for 1/2 an hour.
2. In a heavy bottom pan, heat the oil/ghee and when it is medium hot add the chopped onions and turmeric.
3. Fry till the onions are light golden and then take them out and keep aside. Leave the oil behind for further use.
4. In a mixer make a fine paste of fried onions, curd, almonds, green chillies. Pour this mixture on the marinated chicken pieces.
5. Now reheat the oil in the pan on medium flame and then add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and bay leaf. Stir them for 30 secs and then add the marinated chicken along with leftover paste.
6. Let the chicken cook on low flame while stirring occasionally till it boils. Then cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer till the chicken is cooked properly.
7. Finally add garam masala and chopped green coriander.
8. Add the salt according to taste and garnish with roasted almonds and some cream.