Ridge gourd (turai) peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes - 400 grams
Poppy seed paste (khuskhus) soaked - 2 tablespoons
Oil - 2 tablespoons
Cloves - 2
Onions chopped - 2 medium
Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
Green chillies slit - 3
Pure ghee - 2 teaspoons
1. Heat oil in a non stick pan, add cloves and saute.
2. Grind poppy seeds to a fine paste.
3. Add onions to the pan and sauté till lightly browned. Add ridge gourd, turmeric powder and salt and mix. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add ground paste and mix well. Cover and cook on medium heat. Add green chillies and mix and cook till gourd is done.
5. Drizzle pure ghee and serve hot.
Photo & Content: www.sanjeevkapoor.com