500 ml of full cream milk, for Chana
500 ml of full cream milk, for the Ras
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 cup sugar, for sugar syrup
1 tsp good quality rose water
10-12 saffron threads
1. Boil the milk on medium heat in a heavy bottomed pam.
2. Add in the lemon juice and stir mixture continuously till it becomes curdled.
3. Drain the curdled milk through a muslin cloth.
4. Wash the Chana under running water, to remove the lemony taste.
5. Squeeze out all the excel water out of the Chana.
6. Transfer the Chana in a bowl.
7. Add in 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour.
8. Knead well.
9. Make 10-15 small round balls with your palms.
10. Set aside.
11. Heat the milk in a pan on medium heat.
12. Add in the sugar and half of the saffron threads.
13. Blend well.
14. Cook the milk, stirring continuously, till the milk is reduced to half of the original volume.
15. Add in the Chana balls to the above ras.
16. Cook for 10-15 minutes with partially covered lid.
17. Chana dumplings will swell and puff up and ras will reach the desired consistency.
18. Cool the kheersagar to room temperature.
19. Add in the good quality rose water and decorate it with remaining saffron threads.
20. Refrigerate and serve chilled.