1 tender arum root
½ cup coconut
1 tsp black mustard seeds
2 green chillies
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp mustard oil
1. Peel and cut the arum root into thin slices and soak them in lime water, as it may otherwise make the throat itch.
2. Crush it on a grinding stone, wash it again and grind it fine.
3. Grate and grind the coconut very fine.
4. Grind the black mustard seeds with the green chillies, add the sugar and salt to taste and mix with the arum root.
5. A teaspoonful of good mustard oil mixed before serving adds zest to the dish.
Bangla Ranna: The Bengal Cookbook: Minakshee Das Gupta
Publisher: UBS Publisher's