1. Potatoes, medium - 2
2. Liver - 250 grm
3. Onions - 2
4. Tomatoes - 2
5. Mustard oil - 3 tbsp
6. Paanch phoran – 1tsp
7. Green chillies – 2
8. Salt – to taste
9. Turmeric- ¼
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into juliennes. Cut the liver into thin pieces. Chop the onions and tomatoes.
2. Heat oil in a karahi. Add paanch phoran.
3. As soon as they splutter, add the potatoes, slit green chillies, salt and turmeric. Fry for another two minutes.
4. Sprinkle half-a-cup of water. Cover and reduce the heat.
5. After 5 minutes, add the liver pieces. Stir well. Cover.
6. Uncover after 10 minutes. Both the potatoes and liver should be done by now. Stir and let the excess liquid evaporate.
7. There should be no gravy.
8. Serve with puris or chapattis.
Bangla Ranna: An Introduction to Bengali Cuisine: Satarupa Banerjee
Publisher: Orient Longman