Pabda fish –1kg
Green Chilli - 7-8
Kalanjee - 1/2 tsp
Mustard paste - 1/2 cup (make the paste with salt and one green chilli)
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp for marination + 1/2 tsp for gravy
Mustard oil - 4 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Marinate the fish with salt and turmeric powder.
2. Heat 2 tbsp mustard oil in a kadai and fry the fishes in batches. Do not over fry them as over frying will make fish hard. Keep the fried fish aside.
3. Now in the same kadai add some more oil if required. Now add Kalanjee and slit green chillies. Fry for 1 min and then add turmeric powder. Add water and salt.
4. When the gravy starts to boil, add the mustard paste and fish in it. Slower the flame and cover for 2 min till the fish is cooked.
5. Add 2 tbsp raw mustard oil and then switch off the flame. Keep it covered and give some standing time before serving. Serve hot with hot rice.