Pui Shak O Chingri
Pui Shak O Chingri
Pui Shak with Chingri (Prawn) is a great combination recipe of Pui Shak (malabar spinach) and shrimp.It does take time to prepare like other Shak recipes. This is a dry side dish ideal with smaller size prawns. The smell of pumpkin with added shrimp makes this preparation really drool-worthy.
500gm Pui Shak
200gm small size chingri (prawn)
2 medium size potato
100gm kohra (pumpkin)
4 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 dry red chili
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
1. Take 500gm Pui Shak, wash it properly and cut it into small pieces.
2. Take 200gm small size chingri (prawn) and marinade with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and little garlic paste for 15 mins.
3. Take 100gm kohra (pumpkin) and 2 medium size potato at first peel them off and cut it into medium size pieces.
4. In a non-stick frying pan, heat 4 tablespoon of vegetable oil and put the chingri pieces into it and fry till it becomes little brown in color. Keep aside.
5. In the same frying pan put little panch-phoran, 1 dry red chili broken into half and put the potato pieces with little salt and little turmeric powder and fry till it become little brown in color.
6. Now put the kohra (pumpkin) pieces with little salt and little turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder and close the lid of the pan with little water.
7. In a small bowl put 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste with little water.
8. Then put the masala paste (step 7) and salt to taste into the pan (step 5) and fry till oil separates from masala (spice).
9. Now put the Pui Shak (step 1) into the pan and close the lid of pan. Cook till Pui Shak is fully tender.
10. At last put the fried chingri (prawn) pieces into the pan and cook for 2-3 mins.
Pui Shak with Chingri (Prawn) is ready to serve hot with Plain Rice for Lunch.