It is the best and healthy sweet. Til or Sesame seeds are rich in folic acids.They are also good source of iron, zinc,vitamin B1 and dietary fibres. Til combine with gurh or jaggery is more nutritious sweet.
Til / White Sesame Seeds - 1 Cup
Gud / Jaggery - 1 Cup
1. Heat pan and roast white sesame seeds/til. Roast them till the aroma comes out and the til started crackling.
2. Roast it in the low flame.
3. Keep it aside to cool down.
4. Heat thick bottomed vessel add jaggery. Sprinkle a little bit of water to cover jaggery. Stir it well so the jaggery melts. Allow this to boil. Boil it in the low to medium flame. Cook til it attains soft-ball consistency.
5. Once the jaggery reaches soft-ball consistency add roasted sesame seeds and mix well and remove it from the heat.
6. Allow it to cool and it should be warm enough to handle to make laddus. Make laddos.
Bangla Ranna: An Introduction to Bengali Cuisine: Satarupa Banerjee
Publisher: Orient Longman